aerofilm – ETFE foil
ETFE belongs to the very stable plastic materials and is a derivative of PTFE. Foils of ETFE are mostly used for façade and roof coverings.
It is very popular to use this material as reasonable and more cost efficient alternative to glass or polycarbonate. By using the material as multi-layered, pneumatic solution it’s possible to realize very interesting u-values.
The g-value, which is the value for heat introduction into a building, can be influenced by using different colors and printing. It’s also possible to use aerofilm ETFE foil as single layer roof or façade element.
The material is also gladly used for green houses.
Your advantages at a glance:
– long durability, at least 30 years.
– Very high transparency (100 µm, 93%)
– light transmission also in UV wave length area
– flame retardant to EN 13501-1 B-s1, d0
– high vairiance of colors
– 100% weather and UV resistance
– seams are welded